Now that the full list of Quiyk teams has been leaked, I thought it would be a fun exercise to see how the collective opinion of the Quiyk GMs matched up with the opinion of the Team USA selection committee.
Here is a Google Doc of the selections, for reference:
A few notes:
- I fully recognize that some of these people did not apply to Team USA. I don’t have the list of all the applicants.
- I also recognize that the first 10 rounds or so of this draft were done prior to World Cup VII, which would have changed the opinions of the GMs.
- Since Augustine Monroe and Vanessa Goh specifically requested to be reserves, I’ll put them there as well, despite them being first round picks.
- I’m going to use the same ratios that the selection committee used: 8 male chasers, 3 female chasers, 3 female beaters, 2 male beaters, 3 male keepers, 1 seeker, and 1 male utility. For the reserves, I will select 3 male keepers, 8 male chasers, 3 female chasers, 3 male beaters, 2 female beaters, and 2 seekers.
- I will also use the selection committee’s rule of a maximum 2 from each regular season team, and a minimum of 2 from each region. As I go down the list, any player that does not meet all of the remaining requirements will be skipped for the main team (and added to the reserves)
Without further ado, here is the Quiyk GMs’ hypothetical Team USA, in order of selection:
Sarah Holub (fC, Lone Star, SW)
Tony Rodriguez (K, Lost Boys, W)
Drew Wasikowski (mC, Texas A&M, SW)
Brittany Ripperger (fB, Baylor, SW)
Stephen Bell (K, Lone Star, SW)
Peter Lee (mB, Lost Boys, W)
Brendan Stack (K, BU, NE)
Max Havlin (mB, BU, NE)
Kifer Gregoire (mC, Texas A&M, SW)
Adam Richardson (mC, UCLA, W)
Harry Greenhouse (mC, UMD, MA)
Sean Pagoada (mU, Florida’s Finest, S)
Aryan Ghoddossy (mC, UT, SW)
Peter Reynebeau (mC, Arkansas, SW)
Joey Reynebeau (mC, Arkansas, SW)
Melissa White (fB, LSU, SW)
Audrey Wright (fC, UT, SW)
Keir Rudolph (S, Kansas, MW)
Scott Axel (mB, Penn State, MA)
Meredith Taylor (fC, BGSU, MW)
Bernardo Berges (mC, Miami, S)
And the alternates:
Augustine Monroe (K, UT)
Vanessa Goh (fC, Lost Boys)
Simon Arends (mC, Lone Star)
Chris Morris (mC, Lone Star)
Kody Marshall (mC, Lone Star)
Mollie Lensing (fB, Lone Star)
Chris Seto (mB, Lost Boys)
David Gilbert (mB, Baylor)
David Fox (K, Emerson)
Katrina Bossotti (fB, BU)
Chris Rhodes (mB, Baylor)
Zach Luce (K, UCLA)
Michael Powell (mC, BU)
Becca DuPont (fC, Texas A&M)
Steve DiCarlo (S, Lost Boys)
Missy Sponagle (fC, Lost Boys)
Jeffrey Lin (mC, Lost Boys)
Kedzie Teller (mC, QC Boston)
Scott Beloff (mC, Miami)
Brad Armentor (mC, LSU)
Andrew Hryekewicz (S, Texas A&M)
Wow, that was hard to figure out. Thoughts? Did I make a mistake somewhere?
Edit 7/28/14 02:14 PDT: It was pointed out to me that Scott Axel was higher on the draft than Bryan Barrows. The list has been updated to reflect the necessary changes.